Published on November 19th, 2019 | by Joe
Yamaha Xtreme Terrain Challenge 2019: WITH VIDEO
MARIETTA, Ga. – October 17, 2019 – Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, brought out the red carpet, along with major mud and off-road obstacles, for Grizzly, Wolverine, and YXZ owners earlier this month during the second annual Yamaha Extreme Terrain Challenge (XT-R Challenge) at the iconic Loretta Lynn Ranch in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee.
- “The Wash Out”:
- A very tight, narrow, and winding Side-by-Side (SxS) trail in a gully, requiring ultimate skill, capability, and finesse to navigate.
- “The YamaHollar”:
- A section comprised of traversing a lengthy pile of boulders, several logs, stacked and staggered culverts, bulldozer tires, and mud.
- “The Wolverine Ravine”:
- Featured climbing a rock face followed by numerous log crossings in a semi-circle shape, then balancing over parallel logs before descending a rocky log pile and heading back into the woods.
- “The WARN Winch” obstacle:
- With the aid of WARN Industries professionals, this obstacle required the use of a winch due to the steep grade, powdery-soft dirt, and very large off-camber log crossings.
- “Winch Way”:
- Over 100 yards of soupy, sloppy, sticky, and deep mud.
“This event is truly extreme – from the off-road course to the Yamaha customers who show up to challenge themselves and prove their Yamaha ATV and Side-by-Sides are the most off-road capable machines in their respective classes,” said Steve Nessl, Yamaha’s motorsports group marketing manager. “Considering the terrain and motorsports history, Loretta Lynn’s Ranch is the perfect spot for the XT-R Challenge with some amazing natural off-roading elements complimenting the crew’s creativity to make the course and obstacles a blast to ride, and we’re seeing folks coming in from throughout the U.S. to enjoy it all.”
Yamaha is already planning the next Extreme Terrain Challenge, and dates will be announced in early 2020.
Every Yamaha SxS and full-size ATV is proudly Assembled in the USA at Yamaha’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Newnan, Georgia, for worldwide distribution.
To view Yamaha’s Proven Off-Road lineup and learn more, visit YamahaOutdoors.com. Connect with Yamaha on your favorite social channels at Facebook.com/YamahaOutdoors, Instagram.com/YamahaOutdoors, and Twitter.com/YamahaOutdoors. Additionally, find Yamaha Outdoors on YouTube, or search the following hashtags on all platforms: #XTRChallenge #Yamaha #ProvenOffRoad #REALizeYourAdventure #AssembledInUSA #Yamaha10YearBelt
About Yamaha Motor Corp., USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA (YMUS), is a recognized leader in the powersports industry. The company’s ever-expanding product offerings include Motorcycles and Scooters, ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles, Snowmobiles, WaveRunner Personal Watercraft, Boats, Outboard Motors, Outdoor Power Equipment, Power Assist Bicycles, Golf Cars, Power Assist Wheelchair Systems, Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Machines, Unmanned Helicopters, Accessories, Apparel, and much more. YMUS products are sold through a nationwide network of distributors and dealers in the United States. YMUS has a corporate office in California, two corporate offices in Georgia, facilities in Wisconsin and Alabama, and factory operations in Tennessee and Georgia. Additional U.S.-based subsidiaries include Yamaha Marine Systems Company (YMSC) with divisions Bennett Marine (Florida) and Kracor Systems (Wisconsin), Skeeter Boats (Texas), with division G3 Boats (Missouri), and Yamaha Precision Propeller (Indiana).